20% off frames and lenses
You can get 20% off frames and eyeglass lenses by visiting optometrists in the Discovery Health Optometry Network.
All Discovery Health Medical Scheme members and selected schemes administered by Discovery Health (excluding KeyCare members) who visit optometrists in the Discovery Health Optometry Network can enjoy this saving.
How does it work?
The 20% discount on frames and lenses is immediate at the point of sale. Here is an example:
|20% discount (on frames and lenses)||R||800||*|
|Total after discount||
You will therefore only pay R3 600 and not R4 400, saving R800.
* The discount is only on hardware items such as frames and eyeglass lenses and not on contact lenses and professional services (consultation and eye examination fees). You can get the discount in addition to any other promotional offer the network optometrist might be running.
Waterstone Optometrists is a Discovery Health preferred provider and is situated in the Waterstone Village Centre.
As a service to our clients we claim directly from Discovery Health.
- We check benefits online before purchasing glasses.
- Funds are reserved and confirmed with the client.
- We offer medical aid rates.
- Each family member has their own benefit and can claim from medical aid for their own glasses each year.
- You can claim a new pair of glasses each year.
- There are different types of plans on Discovery Health, the amount of funds available depend on your plan type.
- If you don't use your optical / glasses benefit, you lose it for that year!
- Your optical benefit can be used for frames, lenses or contact lenses to the value of your benefit.
- Discovery offer two eye test per year. The eye test is a separate benefit.
We have a massive range of frames for you to choose from. Adidas, Levi's, Guess, Versace, Ted Baker, Lacoste, Polo, Oakely, Ray-Ban, Polaroid and Tommy Hilfiger.